The Korea University Korea-Asia Center for Development and Cooperation (KACDC) was founded to implement research and projects for development and cooperation with developing states in Asia. The KACDC aims to study the conditions for reform and development in the fields of politics, economy, and education of developing countries and to implement policies suggested by the research in conjunction with related agencies.
Major research interests and activities:
- Improvement of Governance, Development of Democracy, Increase of Transparency, Election Fairness, Legislation Efficiency, Freedom of Press, Political Risk Analysis
- Antipoverty, Sustainable Growth, Green City, Green Energy, Improvement of Inequality
- Reduction of Educational Blind Spot, Education on Minority, Human Rights, and Environment, Academic Partnership
4. Seminar on International Development Cooperation
- Regular seminar aimed to support research activities in the fields of politics, economics, and education.
5. Alternative International Development & Cooperation Team (AIDCT)
- Development of an alternative model for sustainable development.
- Implementation of development cooperation projects such as community building, establishment of small town enterprises, and region-specific expert training programs based on local ownership with the aim of strengthening the capacity of residents and local communities.
Center Director : Jae Hyeok Shin (Associate Professor, Department of Political Science & International Relations, Korea University)
- Jongwon Oh (MA Student, Department of Political Science & International Relations, Korea University)
- Sung Eun Kim (Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science & International Relations, Korea University)
- Yong Wook Lee (Professor, Department of Political Science & International Relations, Korea University)
- Hee-kyung Park (PhD Student, Department of Political Science & International Relations, Korea University)
- Heechul Park (MA in Anthropology, AIDCT Deputy Team Leader)
- Sujin Lee (MA Student, Department of Political Science & International Relations, Korea University)
- 2020-2023: National Research Foundation of Korea. “Foreign Aid and Soft Power: An Experimental Study on Indonesia.”
- 2018: Presidential Committee for Balanced National Development. “A Study on the Current State of Regional Development and on a Plan for Application of Policy for Balanced Development in Major Southeast Asian Countries: Indonesia and Vietnam.“
- 2016-2017: KOICA Academic Partnership Program. “Roadmap for a Strategy for Building a Core Industry Cluster in Kampong Spu Province, Cambodia.”
- 2015-2016: KOICA Academic Partnership Program. “Roadmap for the Strengthening of the Geo-Economic Capacity of Cambodia as a Center of ASEAN Economy and Culture.“
4. Center Activities
- 2018.6.8: Summer Conference of the International Development Cooperation Association, Session “Conditions for Good Local Governance,” Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, South Korea.
- 2018.4.23: KACDC-UNITAR JITC-JNUSCRC Seminar, “Conditions Good Local Governance in the SDGs Era,” Jeju, South Korea.
- 2017.9.26: CSR Asia Summit Session on Climate Technologies Implementation and Its Solution for Sustainable Consumption and Production, Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2017.6.9: Summer Conference of the International Development Cooperation Association, Panels “Asian Communities and International Development Cooperation” and “Foreign Aid and Development in Africa,” Seoul National University Asia Center, Seoul, South Korea.
- 2017.3.21: KACDC-ADBI-UNITAR Policy Workshop on Green Energy, Transportation and Green Cities Sessions “The Challenge of Climate Change and Successful Adaptation” and “New Trends in Green Transportation,” Jeju, South Korea.
- 2016.10.15: “Strengthening Cambodia’s Capacities as an ASEAN’s Bridge Country.” Joint Workshop of the International Development Cooperation Association and UNITAR Jeju International Training Center, Seogwipo, South Korea.
- 2016.7.4: “Comparative Politics of Southeast Asia.” KOTRA-JCD Lecture Series, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- 2016.5.7: “International Relations of Southeast Asia.” KOTRA-JCD Lecture Series, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- 2015.5.22: Jeju Forum, Session “The Role of Local Government Explored through a Study of Natural Disaster Cases in the Asia Pacific,” Seogwipo, South Korea.
5. Key Publications
- Hyug Baeg Im, ed. 2017. Industrializing Cambodia: Making a Roadmap to Construct Core Industrial Clusters in Kampong Speu.
- Hyug Baeg Im, Kheang Un, Jae Hyeok Shin, Theara Horn, Shi Young Lee, Sopheak Cheang, Yoo Suk Yang, Mak Sithirith, and Yong Shik Choo. 2016. “Bridging State Strategy for Cambodia.”
6. Partner Organizations
- Korea University Institute for International Development Cooperation
- UNITAR Jeju International Training Center
- Jayavarman Center for Development in Cambodia